Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Sketches to the rescue!






Meh, I have been stuck in a creative funk for a few weeks now, the poor brain has 2 billion tabs open of things to do and art just isn't one of them at the moment... I absolutely love my job as a Family Day Care Educator, but after 50 hrs of kids each week, I find it hard to just switch off and play... So this is when I turn to my favourite scrap booking sites and blogs and steal some inspiration in the form of mood boards and sketches. 

I literally on the first of the month go trolling to all my fav sites and print out all the current challenges and whack them up on a cork board in my studio. 


The best part of a sketch is that is doesn't have to be an exact copy, but gives you some elements you may like to play with... This month over at Scrapping Clearly the girls have a funky sketch to play along with. 





You can see that my layout looks nothing like the sketch, but I've used some key elements to inspire me. I've been hanging to use the Maggie Holmes wood panel paper, and teamed it up with some Simple Stories 'SO Fancy' bits and pieces. Add in some Freakled Fawn washi and stamps for the title, and of course some machine stitching and you have one layout complete. 



Not my best work, but a good start to get myself out of this creative slump otherwise known to teachers as '4th term-itis'









No comments:

Post a Comment